|We offer goods for sale and for auction on this site. To place a bid or purchase an item you must first register.|
COLLECTIONIf you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
1. email address, mailing address, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as bank wire transfer information;
2. transactional information based on your activities on the Site (such as bidding, buying);
3. other information you provide to purchase an item;
4. dispute resolution, correspondence through the Site, and correspondence sent to us;
5. computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, other information, including IP address and standard web log information; and
6. supplemental information from third parties.
MARKETINGWe do not sell or rent your Information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) to improve and personalize our services.
USEOur primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
1. provide the services and customer support you request;
2. resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
3. prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
4. customize, measure, and improve our services and the Site's content and layout; and
5. tell you about targeted marketing and service updates, based on your communication preferences; and compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATIONWe may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
1. members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services;
2. service providers under contract who help with our business operations; (such as fraud investigations)
3. law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity;
If the Company uses or discloses this information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, then the website visitor will be notified via mail, email or other appropriate method.
ACTIVITY ASSOCIATED WITH USER IDSAll of your activities on the Site will be traceable to your User ID.
COOKIESWe use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain pages of the Site to help analyze our web page flow, customize our services, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site.
ACCOUNT PROTECTIONYour password is the key to your account. The Site will generate a password for you at registration. Do not disclose your Southern Company Power Outlet password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Southern Company Power Outlet and change your password.
ACCESSING, REVIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONYou can see, review and change most of your personal information by logging into the Site. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. You may change your personal information by clicking the My Account option on the menu bar. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
SECURITY Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.